[Ubuntu 10.04] Lenovo SL500 Trackpoint Scrolling

  • 1

I’m using Ubuntu (here 10.04 LTS) on a Lenovo SL500 notebook and recognized that it’s not possible to scroll via the trackpoint because the mid-button does not work! To solve this create a new file: /etc/X11/Xsession.d/85mouse Within this file copy these few lines:
 xinput set-prop “TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint” “Evdev Wheel Emulation” 1 xinput set-prop “TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint” “Evdev Wheel Emulation Button” 2 xinput set-prop “TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint” “Evdev Wheel Emulation Timeout” 200 xinput set-prop “TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint” “Evdev Wheel Emulation Axes” 6 7 4 5  
Save the file and restart Ubuntu. Then the mid-button and so scrolling should work correctly :) If you want to be able to configuring your trackpoint and mousepad you can install a little program called “gpointing-device-settings” by opening a terminal and typing: sudo apt-get install gpointing-device-settings

1 comment:

  1. Hello there,

    Thanks for the post. I tried to do this but did not work. I am also on Sl500 and on 10.04. Is there anything I am missing or need to install in addition to it?

    Please let me know, I am not very good with ubuntu but hope I can make my trackpoint work. (It works in windows btw) Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete